Friday 26 February 2016

Simple yet Powerful..

Recently, I had a visit from a very good old friend. We've been friends for more 10 years and though we didn't managed to see or talk to each other often, each time we met it was as if, we were never apart at all. It's always nice to have friends to come and visit, isn't it?

To tell you honestly, the last few months have been somewhat very trying for me. I had a lot of things going on at the same time that I felt kinda lost. I felt that I've strayed far away from my original purpose and slowly changing into someone I wasn't comfortable with. Have you ever experienced the feeling that without you realising it you've become someone you're not happy with but yet was unable to stop the change? You know like you've kinda got swept away with the tide and when you finally stopped and looked up, you found yourself in dark and unfamiliar area.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't turning evil or anything like that.God forbid! If that happens, the Wise Owl would probably grab hold me and perform an exorcism before he even let that happens.  I am truly fortunate to have people who cares about me and my spiritual being. Alhamdulillah.

Anyway...I know I'm digressing but what I'm trying to say is that I wasn't comfortable with the personal changes that was happening to me. Somewhere along the way I got lost and sidetracked. I also became lazy. There were things that I wanted to do but there were too many obstacles that I simply gave up and in the end, I ended up feeling frustrated. I know...I know...entirely my fault. I was kinda drifting aimlessly for months end.

The visit from my friend made me realised that I should NEVER underestimate the power of dua, however simple it may be. Day in and day out I pray to God asking Him to guide me to the straight path and that day, he sent someone to remind me of my purpose.

"1. In the Name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.  

2. All the praises and thanks be to Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists).  

3. The Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.  

4. The Only Owner (and the Only Ruling Judge) of the Day of Recompense (i.e. the Day of Resurrection)  

5. You (Alone) we worship, and You (Alone) we ask for help (for each and everything).  

6. Guide us to the Straight Way 

7. The Way of those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace, not (the way) of those who earned Your Anger, nor of those who went astray."

Surah Al Fatihah 1-7.

When my friend (may God bless her) came, not only did she lifted my spirits but she took me down memory lane and reminded me of what I first set out to do. Sometimes, you just need a friend to help you up and help you find your way back. Some encouraging words can also do wonders. No doubt the reminder came from Allah SWT but it sent through her.

So my friends, never underestimate the power of a simple dua like Al-Fatihah. We take for granted this powerful dua because we repeat it every single time we pray. We ritually repeat it without really putting any emphasis on it. 

If you ever feel lost, just ask Him to guide you back. You ask and He will give. It may not be immediate and normally there is a very good reason for the delay but trust me, He will give.

And your Lord says: "Call on Me; I will answer your (Prayer):
Surah Ghafir 40:60
 

No comments:

Post a Comment