Friday 19 February 2016

A Pair of Rubber Shoes

“Life is a long lesson in humility.”- J.M. Barrie.

A couple years ago, I suffered a very painful knee problem. To prevent further injury to my knee and to facilitate speedy recovery, the doctor told me that I had to make sure that my feet were flat on the ground when I walked and wearing stilettos were a big no-no. I was fine about the stiletto part because I don't wear them. I simply can't seem to balance myself on it. Still, most of my shoes had heels and I can't very well wear flip flops to work. So, my quest for a comfortable flat shoes started.

Upon recommendations by some friends, I bought a few shoes which were supposedly to be of high quality. Mind you, those shoes were not cheap but you know what people say....good things don't come cheap.

Unfortunately, those shoes did not last very long. The cushion at the heels wore off quickly. I found myself buying new shoes every few months. It was a costly affair and I was getting frustrated.

One day, I was doing my usual grocery shopping when I saw this plain black rubber shoes. It was the most unattractive shoes I've ever set my eyes on. It wasn't ugly, it was just unattractive. I picked it up and found it to be flexible. Out of curiosity, I decided to try it on. Lo and behold! It was the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn! The price? Well...it was less RM20. My...my ...my..Would you believe it?

That goes to show that not everything that is expansive is good and not everything that is cheap is lousy. I do believe that the lesson that I was supposed to learn was also that when it comes to people, never judge from their appearance. The best person in the Eyes of God could be the scruffiest looking person in the eyes on men and vice-versa.

Ever since that day, I've been wearing that black rubber shoes everywhere and have no intention of changing. That one pair of rubber shoes lasted me a few years rather than a few months. I've also started looking at people in a different light. My rubber shoes have taught me that sometimes in life, simplicity is the best.....

"Verily, your Lord knows better, who (among men) has gone astray from His Path, and He knows better those who are guided."

 (Surah Qalam:7)




2 comments:

  1. Yes i am totally agreed with this article and i just want say that this article is very nice and very informative article.I will make sure to be reading your blog more. You made a good point but I can't help but wonder. what about the other side? !!!!!!THANKS!!!!!!
    kick-fiends

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes i am agree with you and this is ery impressive article . i will love to come again and again thanks Best Shoes for Flat Feet

    ReplyDelete