Monday 29 December 2014

Returning Home

“Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

Today, I was greeted early in the morning by the news of two deaths. Though I did not know both the deceased personally, the news of their death affected me deeply. Perhaps, it is because both of the deceased were mothers like me.

No one will live forever. Each of us have our own expiry date, just that we don't know when.

"Every soul will taste death"
Surah Al Imran 3:185

Sometimes, I wonder that when I die, will anyone miss me. Will anyone be at my funeral?  I'm not exactly the easiest person to get along with so have I done enough to repair the damage? Are my deeds enough to save me later? How will I die? I do hope it's a beautiful death. The one very question that I always ask myself is, have I put my affairs in order, if I die?

I keep telling myself to try simplify my life but each day I get side-tracked and distracted with other things and almost  each night I would go into a state of panic when I remember the things that I've not done or undone. Sigh!

One thing that I've done, at least, is to leave a request with my hubby on how I would prefer to be buried in the event of my death. I told my hubby to make sure that my modesty is always protected and my awra is always covered. I would also prefer to be buried as soon as possible following the sunnah.

Authority of Abu Hurairah who quotes the Prophet as saying: "Speed up the funeral; if it is one of a good person, you are only taking that person to a good prospect. If otherwise, then he is no more than an evil you are putting off your shoulders."
Hadith Bukhari

I figured that if I never managed to get my worldly affairs in order when I return 'home' to my Maker,  at least I got my 'death' sorted out.....

No comments:

Post a Comment