Tuesday 21 January 2014

Humbling Journey

“The only journey is the one within.”
― Rainer Maria Rilke

I always pray that God Al Mighty grants me the opportunity to visit Makkah over and over again and God has granted my wish. In the past,  in all of my trips, I was on my own so I was able to devote most of my time in worship.

This time however, the trip is different. This trip is about fulfilling my parents' wish and also the wish of my children. I knew from the very beginning that this trip will be different in that there is a possibility that I would not be able to devote my entire time for Him as I would be busy handling the kids.

Eventhough I couldn't spend as much time in the Masjid as
I would like or sit for hours gazing at the majestic Kaaba, I didn't feel disappointed or frustrated because the trip is not about me but the people around me. In replace of the opportunity that I lost, I got to know my children better and closer whereas before this I was too busy to stop and listen. I also got to spend precious time with my wonderful parents.

When my hubby asked me, "Babe, how is your trip so far?" I can only answer, "Alhamdulillah, couldn't have been better"  When we bade farewell to Kaaba, my two eldest girls felt the acute sadness that I felt and was equally reluctant to leave.Subhanallah! I do thank God Al Mighty for giving them the best experience ever. I'm truly humbled......

No comments:

Post a Comment