Friday 18 September 2015

Because it's Friday.....

“Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.” ― Mark Twain

"Hello" he greeted us.

My friend M and I were pulling 2 empty baskets behind us when this angelic face young guy, greeted us at the entrance of a supermarket. We wanted to get some groceries for a family in need.

"Biar saya tolong aunty" he said. (Let me help you, aunty).

My friend M jokingly replied, "Hey, jangan panggil kami aunty, masih muda wooo! " (Don't call us aunty, we are still young).

 He grinned at us cheekily and said, "Ok kakak. You panggil saya abang!".

"Ayoo!" Both M and I retorted while squealing with laughter. 

"Kenapa nak tolong kami?" (Why do you want to help us?) Asked M.

We knew that this young man is a ‘special' young man. He has some physical disabilities but his character, to me, is completely flawless. I have seen him around a couple of times at this particular supermarket. Even the staff greets him affectionately but it was what he said next stunned me and my friend M.

"Hari nie hari Jumaat. Kalau tolong orang, dapat banyak pahala ooo". (Today is Friday. If you help people, you will get many rewards).

Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said:
"The best day on which the sun has risen is Friday; on it Adam was created; on it he was made to enter Paradise; on it he was expelled from it; and the [last] hour (i.e. the Day of Resurrection) will take place on no day other than Friday." (Muslim)

M and I couldn't contained our smiles. It's true that when God wants to remind us of something or even teach us a thing or two, He would send His special teachers to us. The best thing is, our 'teacher' is not even Muslim, yet. Teachers can be anyone, anywhere. It can also be a two or a four legged creature. Remember the story of a raven which taught Qabil (Cain) to dig a hole?

"Then Allah sent a raven, who scratched the ground, to show him how to hide the shame of his brother. "Woe is me!" said he; "Was I not even able to be as this raven, and to hide the shame of my brother?" then he became full of regrets"
Surah Al-Maidah 5:31

Eagerly, he followed us around the shop and helped us put the goods on the cashier's counter. Our angel even loaded our purchases into the trolley and pushed it to our car. It seemed that not only God had send us a teacher, He had also send us a 'helper' to help us carry out our intended deed.

As he was pushing the trolley, I asked him if I could take of photo of him. He asked me why. I told him that it was because it's Friday and that he had just gotten his 'banyak pahala' (many rewards)......

2 comments: