Friday 24 April 2015

When will I be Famous?

“The life given us, by nature is short; but the memory of a well-spent life is eternal.” ― Marcus Tullius Cicero

I am not a well known actress nor am  I a world class singer. I am not an aspiring politician. The only people who knows me are my friends and families. I am actually a no-body. In fact, I think some of my acquaintances and friends have even forgotten about me.

I am a simple person with simple needs but I harbor a secret desire. A desire to be famous.....

 One day, the Wise Owl told me a story about one of the companion of Prophet pbuh. During the burial of this blessed sahabah, Prophet pbuh had to walk on tip toe as if there was a crowd because of the vast number of angels present. SubhanAllah! This sahabah was held in high esteem in the eyes of God and was famous amongst the angels because of his deeds during his lifetime. I sat there, staring at the Wise Owl in amazement, with my mouth opened. Imagine having thousands of angels attending your funeral and making dua for you. Such honor!

The Wise Owl said that to secure the love of our Creator requires work. It's not impossible but it demands some sacrifices to be made.

Abu Hurayrah said: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “When Allah loves a person, He calls Jibreel and says: ‘I love So and so, so love him.’ So Jibreel loves him, then he calls out to the people of heaven, ‘Allah loves So and so, so love him.’ So the people of heaven love him and he finds acceptance on earth. If Allah hates a person, He calls Jibreel and says: ‘I hate So and so, so hate him.’ So Jibreel hates him, then he calls out to the people of heaven: ‘Allah hates So and so, so hate him.’ So they hate him and he is hated on earth.” 
Sahih Bukhari

Looking back, I know that I have indeed been blessed. What I possess may not be much to others but to me, it is abundance. I am grateful.

But, still.....I long to be famous.....in God's eyes and amongst the angels. I don't know if my deeds are accepted or my sacrifices are enough but I must at least try.

 Now tell me, don't you wish to be famous too?

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete